Thursday, December 31, 2009

fata morgana

As a young child i dreamed of living in Africa.
Now i have no desire to ever go there. Oh i would still love to see the lions, the dessert and... a fata morgana.
My reasons for not wanting to go there.... maybe this one at the core; what if i get hurt, will i justify because of my money, to be helped by a doctor, while thousands of others stand in line for days to get medical attention. How will i ever walk past them with a clear conscious?

Anyway i am not solving world problems of that magnitude, and will stay close to my own stories (rightly or wrongly? i don't even have resolutions in that area.)
To make this into a long post; i do feel that by loving, celebrating and sharing my own environment, the ripples of that energy somehow have a positive effect even on world affairs.And how does this fit in with a fata morgana? I don't know? All i was going to say, was that as a kid, the word fata morgana, was like a fairy tale. i don't think i ever imagined truly seeing one.

Now here i am. And once in while we see a mirage, which is a fata morgana. I wouldn't have seen it if i had not known these mountains in the distance, i wouldn't have seen it if i had not looked intently, i could have walked by it so easily. But today i did see.
The world is lifted, castles created, where they are not.
I do now live in a world where things like that truely happen.

And on that hill i stand watching the mirage, which is shivering ever so slightly.

there is this... tree scolding the little tree. Do you see it? Do you see the wolf raising her paw?

3 comments:

CiCi said...

It is fun to see things through your eyes. Sharing your world is certainly a positive experience for you and for those of us who read your posts.

Unknown said...

I'm the same way ... when I squint my eyes sometimes I see places I once lived or in some cases, dreamed or read about. Happy new year Jozien!

jozien said...

The way we see things, and what we see, thank you both.