Saturday, January 9, 2010

my boneyard

displays my gratitude for mother earth providing abundantly,thanks. A squirrel nibbling on this season's (Dec/09) bison hoof

Bison skulls from 07/08/09
We do eat less than one animal a year, the meat is all shared.Actually just this week i made broth with the last moose bone of 2006.

A bison(07) and moose(06) rawhide.
I did those myself, lots of hard work. When you stay overnight with me, you get to sleep on them.

Aug 06 moose antler, the velvet still on.

5 comments:

Sue said...

You have such an amazing life...

CiCi said...

It is so awesome I cannot even find words strong enough to tell you how much I admire you and your lifestyle. I am just so glad you choose to write your experiences in a blog.

janet copenhaver said...

Our squirrels here in Denver eat the bark off our trees. Grrrr

Is moose meat akin to Elk? I love Elk meat.

christopher said...

Jozien, I agree with Sue. You have an amazing life. I imagine coming to your house where I discover I will sleep in and on animal skins.

That is a startling image.

jozien said...

Thank you, yes i like my life, but really.... :)
I never had elk meat. I think moose is quite different. Moose has a definite wild taste.
And Christopher, to imagine you here, that is a startling image :)