Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011



Can you believe it? 2011.
And i don't know why i am so darn happy?
Going into 2010 i tell you, i felt quite different, through the endless tears i cried, i cannot remember if on that new years morning if i maybe saw a little light of what was to come that year.
Hey :) nothing really changed in the big picture, here i am sitting behind the computer. From yesterday to today a lot changed; it is -4 C. outside, hot hot hot we call that. Yesterday the wind blew most of that snow of the trees.
I didn't even stay up to midnight, i did not bake oliebollen, still i am all smiles, my heart surges with joy.
I know it's called being loved, i know it's more pathetically than you think.
It's also me, loving me.
It's also my family happy.
I phoned my mom this morning. It happened to be that ALL of them where together (except me and my brother here in Canada that is) I could here them all laughing and noisy as we are (all this quiet here i tell you i am from a very loud family).
Bart (my favorite nephew:) answered the phone. My mom was so happy, she could hardly hear me. She had spend new years eve on her balcony with her best friends watching
the "incredible beautiful" fireworks from her balcony. She lives in the middle of the town. She didn't like the big 'bombs' exploding all day, the house shaking. I do miss the wildness of New Years eve in Holland. Even now i know you still here some firecrackers.
Here, here all is still :) the sky is turning morning blue, the stars are fading, no sound, no wind, when i stand in the soft weather long enough i hear in the far far distance a Raven talking....

5 comments:

Brian said...

Hey wild one I hear the ravens talk over here and the chatter of the magpies too .Im happy that your year has started well! be happy :)

Haagje said...

O inderdaad, de vuurwerkbommen worden steeds zwaarder, maar het siervuurwerk ook steeds mooier, de vreugde vuren steeds hoger. Ik ben het liefste thuis met oud en nieuw. Oliebollen heb ik ook niet zelf gebakken, de bakker heeft zulke lekkere bollen, daar hoef ik het niet zelf voor te doen. Vroeger deed ik dat altijd wel, maar tegenwoordig ontzie ik mijzelf in december. En zo ben ik december en het oude jaar heelhuids doorgekomen, met nieuwe energie voor het nieuwe jaar.

Ik ben blij dat je zo happy bent, ik wens je dan ook een gelukkig Nieuwjaar.

Liefs, Haagje

Cicero Sings said...

Love how you captured the snow on the tree in that first picture.

Glad you are happy of heart as 2011 starts.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

am i allowed to take a motor insurance firm to small claims court? The insurer agency denied my claim, (I would go ahead and take responsible driver to small claims unfortunately I have no address to serve them or send a requirement letter). Another driver was at fault but his particular insurance firm claims there is actually a difference in your statements so they really have to use the word of their insured vs. my word. I do think they acted in awful belief and did not carry out a proper investigation would this often be a valid claim in small claims court? I want to go ahead and take responsible drivers insurance company (not my own) to small claims for those damages to my car.