Monday, June 6, 2011

scary stuff

The scary stuff being that i almost had forgotten my password to get in my blog, it took me four tries, i better write it down.
The black bear, always a thrill, but seen from the car it is and looks cute.
The owl scull, hmmm my friend Jane who i was walking with on the shores of Kusawa lake, found it sad; who would do that to a beautiful owl. I do agree, but mostly find it very intriguing.



And
Today i am harvesting!
This for me the best time. All the spring greens, nettle, lamb'squarter, dock, fireweed shoots, plantain, rasberry shoots, knotweed, northern bedstraw shoots.
I blanch and freeze them
And when making a salad i throw in some columbine flowers, for the beauty of it all

And i hope to pick spruce tips today, dry them, for tea.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hey jozien sad to see the owl, but nice to see the bear. And its good to hear from the wild one don't worry about forgetting the password I forget all the time ,So many things to see and take in theres not enough room for everything!!

christopher said...

I miss you a bit in my life, my friend.