Sunday, December 18, 2011

first things first



Thank you for the comments i am receiving!
I want to get to; what are the essentials?
But first i want to say again in better wording what i sense is going on.
I think our lives would improve if we stop chasing that dollar. And really there would still be the same amount money. The trick is to distribute it more evenly, but that is the one of the problems now anyway, at that society doesn't have much success in our current system and it is said the gap is widening.

I think our lives would improve, because there will be more leisure time. Now we work work work at senseless jobs (sorry) I babysit kids, because my employer needs time for herself , because she looks after kids for people who work on problems that are created because our roads are to busy, he has to drive these roads to do that job, his wife fixes cars, that he needs to get to all these job, they all have houses, offices shops that need to be cleaned/maintained, because they are to busy etc etc

You get the point right?

I actually think we can still have our flat screen tv, (if you think that truly makes you happy) if we do cut out all jobs that are none essential.

A tv might be essential you know, ( i like to watch a movie :) nevertheless with an old screen tv. which i actually like better.

but what bugs me too, that we have so many fully functioning places to live, Don and i have a shop, an apartment above it, we have tents, we have a camper.
We can only live in one thing at the time.
Today we did express we would like to camp out right were we saw the Bison tracks, under a tarp...
And oh i forgot, we often work from our own home, but also have fully functioning buildings were we can work that stand empty while we sleep.

Of on limb again :)

But after essentials i hope with your help to get to some sort of solution.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post

Anonymous said...

I like the message in your post.

I came to the Yukon because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not when I came to die, discover thar I had not lived.

little borrowing from Thoreuau

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I hear you!

We have chosen to become a one income family because we didn't want to get wrapped up in that rat-race. Living in Faro has made that possible. We live simply, but we still have the fun things we want (tv, quads, camper, computer). But we save for things and buy them when we have the money. We don't have the newest of the new things though. Our focus is on our family and enjoying our lives while the kids are young. I am thankful that we are able to do that.

jozien said...

thank you!!