Saturday, January 7, 2012

On longing




Longing.....
I used to long to be in the mountains, i can clearly feel the feeling of euphoria of being in the mountains, being on the top. Arriving at the destination.

I knew my longing was in a sense as materialistic as people longing for a certain pair of shoes, or a car.

I have a lot of longing...

I like to long, i like to lay there dreaming of the day... i meet you....

And as my desire to be on top of mountains, it somehow subsided for another longing.

Longing can hurt....

I love my high heeled black leather boots. I know i had a longing as a child to walk in high heels. I remember the feeling of my arch arching,in my mother's. I was five years old. I forgot about that longing for many years.

I know that as a society, we live in abundance, we somehow know now, that has brought us happiness. I do believe we finally see, that it doesn't matter so much any longer. We had our cake and ate it too. Our longing now for a deeper happiness, longer lasting than that being on top of mountains or high heels give.

I stop here, because this subject is somehow very difficult for me, you have no idea , how much i rewrote and erased again.

Living in the moment...

I was in Nirvana lately... and am totally okay for now, but the longing stronger...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes of course- I long for intimate sharing and living in the moment with an exceptionally special person.

Like children exploring and experiencing a positive world and travelling perfectly into peace.

hdt

jozien said...

hdt, please tell me who you are.

Anonymous said...

Can I introduce myself with our paths cross?

hdt

jozien said...

:) yes please do. I walked two or three hours today, never saw anybody. My paths are that way, but you never know! You give me hope :)

Anonymous said...

Longing can be materialistic, as you said, but it can also reveal a deeper longing for something...or someone, unattainable and far away. I know that longing all too well.

There is a poignant sweetness that comes with such a longing, and savoring it can ease the heartache that sometimes comes with that deep longing.

Nicely written, Jozien.

Paul

also has a bittersweet quality...

Anonymous said...

Oh...and that last little fragment of a sentence? Pretend it isn't there. (I forgot to delete it as I was writing and rewriting my comment)

Paul