Friday, August 31, 2012

mnt.Sima

http://mountsima.com/

I had so much fun today,
I rode the bike park, and i loved it!
One day  a week i am at mnt Sima to make a hiking trail, i volunteered my self to do some wildflower markers, which will happen! For now i am just working on the trail, and i am very excited about it.

The crew working at mnt. Sima is fantastic! I love the energy there and the way they work.

And after walking up and down the mountain quite a bit over the last few weeks, today i decided to take my bike and they let me ride the bike park, after i worked.  I took the easiest trail. There are 2 trails for the bikes. But Austin, the bike trail designer/builder, said a third trail will soon be open, this weekend maybe.
I took the easy trail , which i read is intermediate ( it's 'ridey tidy' i think) Anyway i did it twice, and the second time already more smoothly. I do have some past experience. I took a lesson in Kamloops years ago and what i was told, keep your pedals horizontal and  hold on to the brakes.,60% on the front brake and 40% on the back brake.something like that. ( meaning, press the brakes at all times, only releasing them a bit  when you want to go faster.)

And what i learned today; when you see the yellow sign CAUTION. go slow very slow....
There is only one such sign on the trail i went one, and it seems to be there for a good reason.... that's all i say :)

Austin  and Alexander worked two weeks ago on these trails http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Crankworx-Whistler-2012-Red-Bull-Joyride-Slopestyle-Video.html
This is not scare you, at mnt. Sima Austin designs trails, that are possible and fun to ride even for me.




2 comments:

Brian said...

Glad you enjoyed the work and the bike trail . It will be cool to see your art for the wild flowers, outside in the wild places.The trees are changing into their autumn coats over here ,you take care, wild lady :)

christopher said...

indeed Jozien, the wild lady. :D