Monday, January 21, 2013

Caribou


Yesterday at the Kusawa road, Don and i saw caribou tracks. 

A few months ago i went into the building at Burns road, whatever it is called now, Wildlife Management, maybe. 
Anyway i asked them about the status of the Ibex Caribou Herd, now i forgot where i put the information that i got.
The Ibex herd is a small herd living on the mountain south west of Kusawa Lake, i recall they said, there are around 750 caribou in that herd now and it is stable.

What i know for sure! is that there are tracks on this side (east side of the lake) and maybe one day we will see more caribou around here. I did see one a few years back. 

3 comments:

christopher said...

Here is me, rooting for the caribou to return to your neighborhood. Everyone ought to return to Jozien.

I thought you might like to know that the post on my blog I offered to you, that I called For Jozien is number six on my hit parade with 3,779 page views. Since most of my posts never get more than 100 page views, this is a remarkable number.

You my dear are a remarkable woman.

Betsy, Ivory Rose and Tusker said...

hope your toes are feeling better. ice bug boots are the warmest i've ever found. just trolling blogs. betsy in alaska

Anonymous said...

Normally I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice article.

Also visit my site - cna certification