Monday, April 10, 2017

gopher

awe, a scared ground squirrel.
Is this his/her first time out this spring?
It was my first  gopher sighting for the season. this was two days ago, and yesterday my first butterfly.
It is all happening. One mourning cloak, possibly two.

About names, i am particular about names.
Call me anything you like, but i want to call you by the name you were born with or the name you most prefer.
 To me this is a gopher,  it is not socially correct anymore to call it so, apparently it is a ground squirrel, it is, i know. But i feel when saying hi to them, calling them by their 'correct' name, i am somehow...
It just doesn't seem right, to address them as ground squirrels.
So it is gopher to me and my gophers, but when speaking to people, i will use the name ground squirrel.

And happy happy, Don looking over my shoulder, says; A gopher, where did you see that? Thank you Don.



2 comments:

Florida Water said...

Somebody corrected me for saying seagulls instead of gulls. How dare them!!! (I still use seagulls ...)

jozien said...

thank you, me too!